News manager unable to sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News manager unable to sort

I've been having some issues regarding the News Manager. When attempting to click on a headline indication button in the quotes window - the stock is properly inputted into the news manager - however no headlines are shown.

When attempting to use the news manager individually, so long as i leave the Symbol field blank, it scrolls newly incoming headlines fine.

But when I input a symbol and press Go, in an attempt to filter the headlines to specific stocks, it does not show any headlines. It only reads
    “No history headlines matching your request found…”

Dion - I believe I showed you this bug - is there a solution to this problem in the works?

Version: 7.9 - Build 710
    Last edited by Assent-EdD; 06-01-2005, 11:42 AM.

Hi Assent - EdD

I am not using version 7.9 build 710, I am using version 7.9 build 719, and I do not seem to duplicate that problem.
    I tried build 719 in three PCs and it works fine in regards to the News Manager.

I will suggest to upgrade your eSignal to version 7.9 Build 719 available in the eSignal's download page.

When you tried to access headlines for a particular symbol in build 710, was the News Manager set to display only one day in the Days Back Box? Just as a curiosity, try 10 days and click go. If you get the same message about "No history headlines...", then it could be a bug in that build.

Ernesto

Comment

another newsmanager problem was noticed, which may or may not relate.

when using the News Ticker, headlines come in when they are released, rolling-in at real time.

however, when opening the News Manager, this does not happen. It will update all the headlines up to that point of refresh, but new headlines are not showing up.

(see screen2.jpg)

this leads me to beleive it is a problem with the manager itself, and not our incoming news feed.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Assent-EdD; 06-03-2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X