Market Profile New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Profile New Features

I just installed eSingnal 7.9 and all is well. I am receiving the new Market Profile charts just fine too. But, try as I may, I have not been able to find any documentation on the improvements. I did find the link to Market Profile features, but there is no real explanation as to what the numbers above the profile are or what they mean. What are the additional numbers displayed in the Volume box at the bottom when the cursor is over a price? (1.8+002K/1.4+002K.) I am sure it is all useful, but I don’t seem to be able to find any explanations of them or how they are used.

Hi,

Did you happen to search our KnowledgeBase yet? We try to document all new features w/in the KB so that's always a good place to start. Here are two articles likely worth reviewing:

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2244&p=1

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2259&p=1

If you find the above info lacking, please let us know.

Thanks.

Comment

OK, yes Scott that did help. I guess I wasn’t using the correct search engine. I was searching in the Forums and not the Knowledge Base.

Lesson learned.

So now I know what the numbers above the profile are, but there is still nothing in the Knowledge Base that tells me about the numbers at the bottom of the chart under the Vol readout. I understand the volume at price, but under that are additional numbers like (6.1e+002K/2.8e+002K). I am assuming that is some sort of volume above and below a price, but I sure don’t understand the numbers and the Knowledge Base articles did not deal with it.

Comment

The numbers are in exponential form. There's a bug in 7.9 where sometimes they will show up in this form rather than in a more readable form.

You can read it as:

6.1e+002K == 610K

ie 6.1 x 10^2 == 610

This will be fixed for 7.9.1.

Comment

OK, that does it for me. Thanks Dion!! I learned some new stuff today. Learning is good....

Comment

Working...
          X