Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• symbol overlay feature question?

hello

with the symbol overlay feature in advanced charting you can add 4 multiple symbols to an original chart. So if the orignal symbol is an index e.g. $indu, and you add ibm, msft, mcd, mmm, and two of these are above $indu .....

...then are they outperforming the $indu?

.... and if two of these are below the $indu then are they underperforming the $indu??

Do I understand this correctly?

So is the symbol overlay feature measuring relative performance on a percentage basis???

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

pogman
    Last edited by Pogman; 06-29-2005, 03:29 PM.

Hello Pogman,

The symbol overlay features only provides the price data on how those individual stock symbols are doing during the market hours and does not really give up a good comparison on whether it is over or under performing the Dow for example. A very good feature to use is our symboloverlay2.efs which will provide a price comparison or use our standard chart to provide a percentage comparison. If you need assistance on creating a standard chart to do a percentage symbol overlay, please feel free to private message me and will assist you. Feel free to click on the symboloverlay2.efs to download that .efs study.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Joe B.
    eSignal____________
    Community Support Group
    eSignal KnowledgeBase
    New User Orientation
    Add QuoTrek to eSignal l Get wireless quotes, charts, news | FREE for 30 days

Comment

HI Joe

Thanks for the info. I will try the efs you suggest and experiment with it this weekend.

Thanks Again

Pogman

Comment

Hey Joe

Thanks for the symboloverlay2.efs ...it works great. also the performance comp efs works good too in advanced charting.
        I have checked the file sharing and these are the best ones I have found.

Regards

Pogman

Comment

Working...
        X