Back adjusted charts are very poor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back adjusted charts are very poor

I'm happy that eSignal have realised that they need to provide back adjusted futures charts, but I'm very dissapointed in the poor way it has been implemented.

1. The fact that each users platform has to calculate the adjustments for each chart takes alot of resources and makes the display of the charts very slow. Why can't eSignal make the calculations on a server and provide a complete symbol that is already back adjusted properly? Tradestation provides their charts like this, and clients are happy with the charts. So why can't eSignal do it? Also, for the average user, back adjusting can be a very difficult task, to know how to do it correct.

2. The way these charts are displayed now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to use magnet feature on trend lines. Also moving a trend line is impossible, as the trendline will start to turn while moving it.

eSignal charge a 25$ future fee, but can not even chart the futures properly. I'm just asking for what I pay for, and for what is obvious from other professional charting providers.

I understand that international exchanges brings in more futures, but at least the US futures should not be too hard to provide in this way.

- ss

Hi ss,

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated!

1. The reason why we're doing it on the client side is that from the feedback gathered over the years, we've come to realize that everyone wants their continuous contracts to roll and adjust differently. It would be impossible to provide all of the potential possibilities on the server side for all users. Some want to roll early, or later, or based on volume, or adjust, or not adjust, or adjust based on other algorithmns (this will become more apparent when we introduce other back adjusting algorithmns in the future).

2. unfortunately, that's a bug that we did not discover until last week, so we're unable to fix it for 7.9.1. We should have this addressed for the next release though.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X