Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual monitor support ?

Hi,

I have a dual monitor setup, and would like to know what is the way to use eSignal with it.

I don't want my eSignal maximize over the two monitors. I'd rather like two separate windows on each monitor.

Should I install eSignal in two separate directories ? What about the layout-files ? What about the datafeed ?

Thanx in advance,

Pascal

Pascal,

you can open more than just one layout.
    Just click again on the eSignal icon then another layout will open.
    You can place the main windows on your two monitors each with a different layout.
    Only one DataManager will run. The data manager window will show 2 Users running.
    You don't have to install eSignal in two directories.
    When you close eSignal only the layout of the last closed will be saved. So each main window you open will show the same layout of the last saved.

Linus
    Last edited by linus71; 04-04-2003, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Pascal,

We also are in the process of beta testing a new feature called pop-out windows. This allows the user to move practically any type of window outside of the main eSignal window. If you are up for testing this new feature, you can download the 7.3 beta from here.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Pascal,

The suggestion to run 2 layouts together is an idea, but this can be a problem over time with opening it this way. You may want to consider running only one esignal layout and stretching it across both monitors. This way you can put all of the windows on one layout and open and close easier. There is a specific layout called Dual Monitor in the Layout menu that will help you get started. With opening it only once, you will only be saving one layout and eSignal will function as it's designed to.

When you click on File, Exit all & Save, you will notice it will close the eSignal layout and the Data Manager at once, which is more convenient.
        Heather Holmes
        eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Working...
        X