No body on Candlesticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No body on Candlesticks?

On Intraday or Historical charts, when I use a bar graph, I am able to see the entry tick, exit tick and range as per normal. But when I switch the chart to candlestick, all I see are vertical lines with no candlestick bodies.

What am I missing?
    73 from Glenn - KG5UC

Glenn
    It might be of help if you could post an image of what you are seeing.
    Alex

Comment

Snaps 1

I didn't realize I could do that. OK, first a snap of the bar charts with entry and exit ticks, as well as range:
      Attached Files
      73 from Glenn - KG5UC

Comment

Snap 2

Now one of the same chart where I changed the chart type to candlestick. Not that it has just vertical bars (range, I assume) with no candle bodies. If I magnify a section of the screen I get the same picture:
        Attached Files
        73 from Glenn - KG5UC

Comment

Followup...

It doesn't matter what I am charting, indices, individual stocks, futures, whatever...the results are the same. Advanced charts will show the candle bodies, but intraday or daily history charts will not. I can see the ranges forming real time on these charts, but no bodies to the candlesticks.

Your help is appreciated, and if you need any more information I'll get it to you.

Thanks!
          73 from Glenn - KG5UC

Comment

Glenn
            The issue here is that the standard settings for candlestick colors are for a white background chart.
            Right click the chart with the candlesticks, select Edit Studies and modfy the settings to replicate the ones shown in the attached image.
            I believe that should fix the problem.
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh Great!!

I went in to check out what you showed me and now it's working perfectly. I guess it's like the situation where your car is making a funny noise until you take it to the shop, where it runs fine.

:-/

Thanks for the help. I'll check out that section anyway so I know where to go if it "starts making that noise again."

73 from Glenn - KG5UC

Comment

Working...
              X