Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal & computer freezing

TWTMC,

I have a Pentium 4, 2.66Ghz processor and everyday Esignal freezes during the trading day. (usually during high volume, especially during a breakout for about 30seconds or so) I also use 3rd party software(Ensign and Wave59). These applications run perfectly while Esignal is frozen. When I hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then 'Performance', my CPU usage is near 100% and winsig.exe is responsible for over 90% of this.

I run efs files and tick charts, but this is ridiculous. My computer is new enough to not have this problem. What can I do to eliminate this?

Thanks,
    Aaron

I have a high end pc as well, and also get the same problem around busy periods - especially news at 8.30am.

I have 2 tick charts and 5 time based charts.

Comment

Which brand and model NIC cards are you using?

Comment

My network card is integrated into the motherboard, which I bought through dell. I do not use a separate network card.(i.e. one that uses a pci slot)
        How would the network card create this problem? From what I've hear from others, esignal uses a very inefficient method with tick charts and specialty scripts. (i.e. efs files) I forgot the name, maybe it was bursting, not sure. Anyways, all I know is that other platforms that I've used in the past did not do this.

Thanks,
        Aaron

Comment

Working...
        X