• esignal on new install stops pulling quotes

Setup is:
    AMD64
    Raid 1
    2 Matrox 4 head cards (8 Monitors)
    1gig of ram
    windows XP pro SP2

Situation:
    New machine originally when I installed, windows XP, esignal and refco and nothing else the quote we're not pulling up when I transferred the old layout/charts/quotes. The next day a co-worker pulled up esignal and everything was working fine. approximate 2 weeks went by without any problems. Now the ticks are not being refreshed/polled again.

Symptoms:
    If you start the data manager by it self and poll the recover it pulls data just fine. As soon as you start esignal with a combination of the quote/chart pages it most of the time stops getting any tick refreshes. If you narrow it down to a few quote page or just make a new one it polls the data half the time and refreshes the quotes in a odd pattern but barely works.

It is not a network problem, we have the old computer and esignal works/ed fine on it for 5 years. The new box can withstand ping -f and has no data loss or other glitches, also passes the esignal diagnostic.

I also noticed when esignal is up (watching the packets) that it sends or gets a reset from cm0 and doesn't drop connection with the other cm*'s but does handshake every 2-5 minutes.

I will try to rebuild the layout, charts, quote pages from scratch and see if that resolves the problem.

Original version was 7.8.(1 I think).
    We have installed 7.9.1, and removed winros.ini and registries entries and esignal folder and did a fresh install problem still persists.

I'm leaning to a corrupt activex control maybe? or some internal component that does the protocol exchange? Or just the old layout and chart/quote pages?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Andrew Lukaszevich
    Software North LLC

put in a realtek network card and its working fine for this second, we'll see tomorrow and 2 weeks from now. Might be something with the nvidia network chip on the motherboard. But as I said it passes all other network tests.

Comment

Tmr,

Please let us know if this issue raises its head again. In the interim, you may want to go though the following article from our Knowledge Base. There can be several causes for this type of behavior, but again, please let us know if anything comes up. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X