Multi-monitor / layout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-monitor / layout problem

Since upgrading to 7.91, I am having alot of problems with my layout(s) reloadng after closing and restarting e-signal. I have a multiple monitor system...sometimes after shutting down e-signal, all of the windows will reopen in one location on one monitor, instead of over the multiple monitors. If I keep trying, eventually I am able to get them to open in the saved location. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I never had the problem before 7.91.

Thanks,

Cas

this is driving me nuts..I have created new layouts, etc and it still randomly does this. Getting sick of every morning having to move 40 esig windows back to their correct location. Any ideas?

thanks,

cas

Comment

cas,

Are you using the floating window feature for these windows or are you stretching eSignal across all of the monitors?

With 7.9.1, I use floating windows and my layouts always save the location and "state" of the floating windows.

You may have a corrupt install of 7.9.1, but before we go down the complete uninstall/reinstall route, I'd like to make sure the layout is being saved each time you exit eSignal. Could you clarify how you are exiting the eSignal program, and also how you are saving your layout?
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

cas,

I have a two monitor set up running eSignal 7.9.1, I have not been able to reproduce that problem you are experiencing using a Layout or a Page.
        Are you using a Layout or a Page? Check the name in the eSignal's Title bar.

If you are using a layout, make sure that all charts are saved before saving the layout. Try it with two windows, save them and then exit the program (File / Exit All and Save). It should open with those two windows in the location they were saved.

If you are using a Page, make sure the page is not lock, otherwise you will be able to open windows but not save them in the page.
        To make sure the Page is not lock, got to Page / Lock Page and make sure there is no check next to "Lock Page". Save the page before exiting the program, again try it with two charts first.

ErnestoO

Comment

Jay,

I am using the floating windows. I am saving both with the "saveayout" command from the menu bar, and the CTRL-E when exiting. It has worked fine for years....just seemed to start after 7.9.1.

Cas

Comment

Ernesto,

I'm using a layout....and I have saved, even recreated new charts before saving a new layout. The thing that makes this strange for me is that it is not consitent...it doens't always happen.

cas

Comment

Working...
            X