Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does esignal have...? hi/lo scroll, above avg volume formula

Hello,

I was talking with a fellow trader and he uses Cyber charts. I have seen cyber a couple of years back and remember the High of day / Low of day scroll that they have. I was wondering does Esignal have the capability for creating a window that displays all stocks reaching new highs for the day and those reaching new lows, on a continuously scrolling basis? The key to this is continous scrolling (like Time and Sales). VERY helpful tool. I'm envisioning the new highs scrolling by in green, new lows in red, and a symbol reappearing each time it reaches a new high or low for the day. --

I also was wondering if esignal has the capability to show which stocks are above average volume during the day. For instance, if EBAY's average daily volume was 10 Million shares, and by 10:45 a.m. it had already taded 12 Million the column in qoute box would read 1.2 This function would also be nice because one could organize stocks by volume over daily average and see which stocks had above average volume.

Thanks in advance for the help with this.
    LW212

Hello LW,

Have you seen our Market Scanners? Check out the Rally Scan. This may be what you're looking for.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

key word is scrolling...

Hey JasonK,

Thanks for responding. -- I have seen your "scanners" and they are not "scrolling" or "continuous immediate updating" ... like on Cyber Charts with new hod / lod. I would think this would be a fairly simple feature to install...and MOST importantly a very very Powerful feature / tool. Is there any possibility of this happening?

As far as the scanner with volume, I looked again at the scanner features and did not see anywhere that it would tell you about stocks that were on pace for above average volume for the day (intraday). This could be accomplished by simply allowing a formula to be put into the quote box. Then one would only need to take the current running intraday volume and divide it into the Average Daily volume ... this would provide a ratio. If a stock hits .75 (or 3/4) of it avg. daily volume by 10:30, it raises a "flag" ... It would be very helpful in scanning as well at the end of the day to see which stocks moved on increased volume.

Any help with accomplishing either (or both) of these would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
      LW212

Comment

Hello LW,

Both of your requests would require enhancements to the applications. To have our development team consider your feature requests for future development, please submit the details to them directly at [email protected].
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X