Russell Contract Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Contract Pricing

I've emailed Tech Support about this but while I'm wating on a reply I thought I'd check here to see if anyone could suggest a fix.

My Russell chart (AB Z5, 133T) shows prices like 669.39 instead of 669.40. Since this contract trades in .10 ticks the 669.39 can't be accurate.

I'm using the lastest version of eSignal Advanced Charting. I checked with another user and he doesn't have this issue. Have I got a switch in the wrong place somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated,

Phil

PS: I did a search and the only reference to this issue was over a year ago and said it was being addressed:
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...sell#post48225

Well, it's been a week and Tech Support hasn't responded to either of my messages. And no comments in the four days since I posted here. Surely someone besides me runs a chart of the Russell - has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comment

Phil
      FWIW I am not seeing the problem on three computers running version 7.9.1 (build 732)
      Alex

Comment

Thanks for the response Alexis. I too am using 7.9.1 build 732 and have reinstalled it three times now. Before the last install I deleted the winros.exe file to insure that the Data Manager was using the latest software. Still no good.

I'll attach a screen shot to show my situation.

Attached Files
        Last edited by PD99; 09-20-2005, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Phil
          In the eSignal folder there is a file called specs.tab. If you select the Properties for that file what date is showing in the Modified field? If it is not dated September 14,2005 or later you may want to try the following. Close eSignal and the Data Manager and remove the specs.tab file from the eSignal folder (and store it in a safe place for now).
          Then restart eSignal and see if that resolves the problem.
          Alex

Comment

Alex,

My specs.tab file showed a modified date of Sept. 19, 05, but I removed it anyway and restarted eSignal. The file was rebuilt but no change on the chart. Still getting 672.89 instead of 672.90.

Thanks for the idea . . . what else you got? LOL

Phil

Comment

Phil
              Are the prices for AB Z5 ending in 9 also in the Quote Window or the Detail Window?
              If they are not then this could suggest that the problem is somewhere in your Advanced Charts.
              If instead they are then check if this happens also in the Symbol Monitor of the Data Manager as this information may be useful to eSignal
              Alex

Comment

Alex,
                I checked the Quote Window and the Detail Window and found the 9's there, so I brought up the Symbol Monitor in the Data Manager and sure enough, prices like 656.89 showed up there also for AB Z5.
                For testing purposes I installed eSignal on another computer I had here and it gave the same result.
                I thank you for your interest in my problem. It's been over a week and Tech Support has not given me any response to my written request for help. Any suggestions on how to get a response?

By the way, this is .x9 thing is an annoyance when watching live charts. But when I'm doing a tick replay, which feeds my Order Entry Simulator, those .x9 prices make placing Stop and Target orders a real problem.
                Phil

Comment

Phil
                  Have you tried using Live Rep? (Customer Support-> Live Rep in the main menu)
                  Alex

Comment

I may give that a try today Alex. Once I had submitted a written request for assistance from Tech Support I had assumed that I would get a response. My mistake.

Comment

Alex, this is just a follow up note to let you know the outcome since you were kind enough to try to help.

After many trials and errors over the past week and a half, today I finally determined that the culprit that was causing the "rounding" problems was a program called "Macro Express" which was running in the background. Don't know how or why, but once removed, no more problems.

Thanks again for your responses. I did chat with Tech Support and emailed them a chart back on Sept. 22 and they said they'd look into it and get back to me . . . still waiting on that. I will let them know the resolution.

Phil

Comment

Phil
                        Thanks for posting your follow up note with the details of what was causing the problem as this information may be useful to someone at some point.
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X