Permission Issue with eSignal 7.9.1 Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission Issue with eSignal 7.9.1 Installation

I downloaded eSignal 7.9.1 the later one from Web site and install it on my Laptop Windows XP SP2. I installed it from Administrator user login which is a normal operation. After installation I realized that eSignal was installed ONLY in Administrator profile. This means that no other user can use eSignal. I have to log in As Administrator profile in order to execute eSignal. I usually log in with my account with Power user profile and I never have problem with eSignal 7.8. I tested it on two Laptops the same issue occurs.

So the questions are:
    1- Are there any special instructions to install it other than the one on eSignal Web site for download?

2- I even try to give Power User permission R,W,M on Administrator profile, but no luck. Is it an installation bug with eSignal 7.9.1?

3- Anyone experiences with this problem?
    To me this is strange that later eSignal version installed ONLY in Administrator profile.

Thanks.

spin0
    FWIW it has always been like that for me even with prior versions of eSignal when using winXP Pro or win2k once I converted the latter to NTFS (see this thread on the same topic).
    Alex

Comment

Thank Alex.

All eSignal versions 7.x up to 7.8, I never have problem with permissions with Win XP Pro and Win2K. And I have it on two or three PCs. As soon as I install 7.9.1 I start having the issue. I will try to use some batch file with Windows command to run eSignal as Administrator when I'm logging in with my account.

Comment

spin0
        You could also just reinstall eSignal from your user account (giving yourself temporary admin privileges just to perform the task) and it will work without any problems. FWIW that is how I run it on all my machines.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X