point and figure charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point and figure charts

I can't get point and figure charts to load on Esignal. It takes a long time to gather data, and then it doesn't reallly load at all, I just see a couple of large x's and o's. Has anyone seen it work, and any suggestions on how to make it work?
    thank you

Jason

Jason
    What symbol/interval are you trying to load? Depending on those you may need to adjust the Box Size. In the image enclosed below for example the Box Size is set to 5 on a daily chart of ES #F
    Alex

Comment

i am trying to load the 10yr note future, and i do not know how to change the box size. i am opening up my default advanced chart, which is a 2min bar chart, and then loading the pf chart, and it doesn't work.

Jason

Comment

Jason
        Right click the chart, select Edit Studies and in the Studies Properties you will find the settings for the Box Size and the amount of boxes required for a reversal. Start with 0.01 and 1 and adjust from there (see images below)
        Alex

Comment

Jason
          You can find more information on P&F charting in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
          You may also want to view the videos on Chart Types which is available here
          Alex

Comment

thank you very much. what does the .01 correspond to, in regards to the typical pf box sizes (anything greater than one)?

Jason

Comment

Jason
              That is the size of the box expressed in points. You would need to adjust that to reflect the value of a tick in the 10yr Notes (0.015625)
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X