Tick Replay "nasty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Replay "nasty"

I have been having an extremely frustrating time with Tick Replay. At first I thought it must be something wrong with my code (which is quite "heavy duty") even though the same code operating on a single symbol (AB #F) has been working flawlessly in real-time.

What I was getting was "... Loading Data...." on my indicator pane (and no plot) whilst bars were painting in the upper plot area.

When I noticed that a 10 SMA (Basic Study) was not plotting either, I then became suspicious.

Figuring that something was corrupted I rebooted and tried again with ONLY the 10 SMA study included. Same result - no plot.

Feeling that this was more serious, I then re-installed eSignal (going from 7.91 Build 730 to 732 in the process). Upon reinstall, charts worked fine, but Tick Replay problem persisted. (See Attached chart. Note MA(10,C)s not plotting).

I subsequently did a load of trial-and-error tests and have gained some insight and developed a "nasty" work-around.

It seems the problem is most likely to occur with Tick charts (I use 233T). I also use a full Tick download file (becuse I need Bid/Ask data)

The process:

1/ Run Tick Replay. I seems to take 70secs to start plotting with Task Manager indicating no network activity, no CPU activity (system Idle Process 98%+) and no increased use of memory - strange.

2/ If indicator pane or MA's not plotting, Pause Replay.

3/ Change to 3' Interval. Wait a few seconds for the "Synchronising" process to finish. Should now have some plot occurring.

4/ Change back to 233T and wait for "Synchronising" to again occur.

5/ Click "Play" button. All should be ok now.

6/ Repeat process for next Tick Replay ......

I would love to know why this problem occurs, but since a S/W reinstall does not cure the problem I can only conclude the issue lies somewhere in config-type file that is not overwritten.

I checked postings and found one other on the subject entitled "Problem with tick playback" by dungn6au47 but the posting offered no insight.

I must also mention that in the process of trying to isolate the problem, I put a counter on BARSTATE_ALLBARS. I.e. if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_ALLBARS) nAllbarsCount++;

I had a display of nAllbarsCount of over 100!!!!!! This occurred during the 70 sec load time for Tick Replay.

I hope this is sufficient information for others to follow. Please add your comments if you have had a similar experience, or have found a way to eliminate the problem rather than using a work-around "nasty".

Regards, G.
    Attached Files
Working...
X