Editing Multiple Symbols List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Multiple Symbols List

How does one edit the Multiple Symbols List on an Advanced Chart -- esp. to delete items?

buhrmaster
    To delete an item from the Multiple Symbols list right click the chart and select Remove-> <symbol>
    Alex

Comment

I don't want to remove a symbol from the chart. I want to delete some of the items in the drop-down list when selecting a multiple symbol. Any idea?

Comment

buhrmaster
        I am not sure I understand to which dropdown list you are referring.
        Below is the Multiple Symbols list I was referring to
        Alex

Comment

When you click for example on the Symbol 2 drop-down arrow you get a list of items to select from. Over time I get old contracts or stocks that I would like to eliminate. thanks.

Comment

buhrmaster
            In my case I don't have any additional symbols in the dropdown lists because I switched off the main link (the one in the Toolbar) but I now understand what you mean.
            Anyhow right click the symbol box in the Toolbar (see image) and select Edit Symbol List. Once the Edit Symbol List window opens you can Edit or Delete the individual symbols or Clear the list.
            Alex

Comment

Alex-

Thanks, I figured it out. It is the same list as the one on the advanced toolbar except it is an alphabetical listing rather than the sort order on the toolbar.

Comment

There's also another way to do this, directly on the Advanced chart:

On the Favorites bar along the top of the chart (the gray bar), click on the Properties icon (to the direct right of the 'Link' icon). In the 'Manage Favorites' box, select the symbols and/or intervals you wish to remove. Highlight these, then click 'Remove'.

Comment

buhrmaster,

The Symbol Lists for 'Symbol 2 - Symbol 5' is directly link to the Edit Symbol List in the Toolbar, as Alexis mentioned.
                  Now, you can remove symbols from the Edit Symbol List and those symbols will be removed from the lists under the "Multiple Symbols" boxes, but once you exit and reopen the program some of the symbols that were removed might be back to those lists.

The reason is that the Edit Symbol List is generic for all windows that might have the Symbol linking enable, so once the program is reopen, the list will collect all symbols selected in the different windows that are part of your screen. Unlinking the chart you are working on will not make a difference. It seems that it is the way how the Symbol List works.

ErnestoO

Comment

Working...
                  X