Please help choosing right dual monitor card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Robert,

You have room for growth with the configuration you have identified. I am not sure if the motherboard would also have an AGP slot (probably not), but if it did, you could add another card that supported two additional monitors using that slot.

Alternatively, you could look into what Fibbgann had mentioned and add an additional card to a regular PCI slot. I would not worry about the bigger power supply, as the stock ones have margin (otherwise, when people added any accessories to their PC, which they do, Dell would have a number of warranty claims against their power supplies).

I would just wait until you end up being in a position to add another two monitors. As far as obtaining PC parts where you live, I assume you are accessable via Federal Express. If you are, the links I provided earlier to newegg will come in handy, as Fed Ex is one of their shippers. For that matter, there are not too many outfits that sell over the web that do not offer either that or another shipment option which will meet your needs. Therefore, even though you may be in a remote location, you can get almost anything that is offered over the web.

Comment

Steve,

That makes sense. I will wait till I get the hang of 2 right now.

Also Dell is only offering dual monitor card.

Thank you all so much.

Robert

Comment

Working...
      X