Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with Spread Symbol Settings

Hi all,

A very strange problem I'm experiencing. With certain formulas used in spread symbols, the decimal in the resulting price rounds to whole numbers.

For example, an Advancing Volume Ratio,

$UVOL / ($UVOL + $DVOL)

gives me a quote of 0 or 1, rather than something like .43 or .60 like it should.

Ridiculous!!!

And I may be wrong, but I think it only started doing this when I upgraded to version 7.91 r 4 (Build 738)

I see two possible ways to fix this.

Firstly, in Tools -> Spread Symbol Settings, there's a drop-dwon selection field called Decimal Settings, and in the field it lists 'default' but there are no other choices nor will it allow you to type somthing in so therefore it doesn't allow changes!

Secondly, in the eSignal file folder, there's a file called 'spreads.xml' it contains the following for the above spread:

<Spread>
    <Symbol>ADVVRNY</Symbol>
    <Formula>$UVOL / ($UVOL + $DVOL)</Formula>
    <Format>-1</Format>
    </Spread>
    <Spread>

Note the line for Format and the -1 entry. I tried editing the file with different numbers like 0, 1, -1.00, 43.5953, etc., but nothing changes. Hmmm.

Any ideas?

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by george65202; 12-01-2005, 08:54 PM.

george65202
    See this thread. FYI I found it by searching the Bulletin Board for spread* decimal*
    Alex

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Alex. Like the post in the other thread, I didn't see those up/down arrows, but sure enough, there they were. Funny thing too, I did try to search on 'decimal' and 'decimal formatting' but I didn't find that page.... Oh well thank for your help once again.

Comment

george65202
        You are most welcome. BTW the image shown in the other thread was taken when running eSignal on win2k. If using winXP Pro instead this is how the decimal settings appear when clicking the drop down arrow
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X