Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I log in & log out of data manager without closing eSignal Adv Chart window ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I log in & log out of data manager without closing eSignal Adv Chart window ?

Hi,

I have an internet connection that charges according to the actual data downloaded.& uploaded and the bandwidth used.

If I keep the data manager running then it keeps uploading & downloading few kbps even if I am not actually downloading any charts.

(1) I usually download a few charts & work on them. During that idle time is there a way to turn off the data manager only without shutting down the eSignal application & advanced charts windows that are open so that it will not use the bandwidth ?

(2) Is there another way of minimizing the bandwidth used ?

(3) Also is it possible to save the tick charts that are downloaded so that I can reload them next day & work on them offline ?

Thank You.
    Robert

Hi robert,

eSignal does not support an offline mode, although that would be a nice feature. You can however just close the Data Manager and still view cached charts in eSignal. This will save some of your bandwidth usage.

In answer to your second question, I don't believe there is any way to minimize the bandwidth eSignal uses. Have you looked in to an unlimited access internet connection? Even dial up might be better than a pay-per-byte connection if that is available to you.

For your third question, you might see if the Tick Downloader will work for you. It lets you download tick data (up to ten days) and then replay the file locally.

Here is a link with more information:

I hope some of this information helps. Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

(1) Once I turn off data manager how can I turn it on again without closing the Advanced Charts that I have downloaded in eSignal application ?

(2) I understood the tick replay but can you please explain how I can save that tick data so that I can turn off the eSignal & start it back next day & reload the previous day's tick data that I have saved without downloading them all over again ?

Thank You.
      Robert

Comment

Working...
      X