Customizing Quote Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing Quote Window

I am helping a friend who has recently switched from TradeStation to eSignal. His question is:

Does eSignal support custom indicators for the Quote Window? For example, I can have 10 stocks in the screen and have the price colored green in the quote box if the price is higher than an upper band, another color if between 2 bands and another if below the lower band of my custom EFS.

(Apparently that is available on TradeStation.)

Thanks!
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

wildfiction
    At this time it is not possible to apply an EFS to a Quote Window.
    You may want to send a suggestion to [email protected]
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis

Comment

Alexis,

I've had a couple of thoughts about workarounds and would like your opinion.

One is to load the max number of symbols into an Advanced Chart (what is the max? 7?) and then hide the bars and write text on the Advanced Chart which I can then manipulate as I please.

The other is to pipe the info via DDE to an Excel spreadsheet and do all the color and other formating in Excel while using the Advanced Chart to generate the info needed in the EFS.

What do you think of these ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

wildfiction
          The maximum number of symbols an efs can address is 7.
          I think the easier solution would be to use the sym() function to access the external symbols directly and write the text on the chart rather than piping the information to Excel through DDE
          Alex

Comment

Thanks again Alex

Comment

Working...
            X