Consumer STaple index symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer STaple index symbol

Does anyone know the symbol of Consumer Staple index? The closest I can find is ^IXR, but IXR is only "Selected" Consumer Staple stocks index, not ALL consumer staple stocks.

What is the symbol of Consumer STaple that covers all Consumer STaple stocks?

Happy Hoping,

The only other Consumer Staples Index symbol I was able to locate was $PXV. This is the Select Sector SPDR-Consumer Staples
    Index symbol. It again makes reference to the Select Sector, so it may be too narrow to cover all of the consumer staple issues.

Comment

Yeah, I found that, and I went to SPDR and see the breakdown, the stock that I'm interested in wasn't even in that break down. So I passed on that.

I saw briefing.com talks about consumer staple index so I assume there is one. Unless those guys have been talking about the selected index all along.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Happy Hopping
        FWIW if in briefing.com you click on the link for the constituents of the Consumer Staples Index you get a listing which is virtually identical to that of the AMEX Consumer Staples Index IXR (eSignal symbol $IXR)
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex. While we are on the subject of finding symbol, how come there is no symbol for 2 year treasury note?

We have 5 yr. $FVX, 10 yr. $TNX. 13 week is $IRX. I don't touch bond until they talk about the invertion yesterday, does esignal show real time bond of 2 yr. vs. 10 yr. yield curve?

Comment

Happy Hopping
            You will need to redirect your question to someone at eSignal
            To my knowledge the CBOE which is the source for the IRX, FVX, TYX, etc does not list a 2yr index.
            Alex

Comment

Hello Happy,

We do not have a 2yr symbol available to my knowledge.

We do have a Yield Curve EFS study in our EFS Library that you may find interesting.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager
              eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
              JavaScript for EFS Video Series
              EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
              EFS Glossary
              Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks. I couldn't find any good graph provider on the 2 Yr. Yield neither. I did, however, find a small graph from marketwatch that is quite useful. For eg., as you probably know, the yield curve inverted yesterday from 10 to 11 am, that marketwatch graph allows me to see the difference in invertion vs. the 10 yr.

Comment

Working...
                X