ESignal 8....a myth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESignal 8....a myth ?

I see no posts to the ESignal Beta forum in over 3 months.
    Also, I see the current release has been 7.9 for over 6 months.

Anyone know if this platform has stagnated or what ?

Hi,

The primary enhancements for eSignal 8.0 are network oriented. As a result, we haven't been actively working on an external beta since the data is not available to those outside of our network yet.

The improvements you'll see with 8.0 represent some of the largest projects ever undertaken by the eSignal Engineering team. Thousands of literal man-hours have gone into enhancing the network infrastructure for 8.0. Internally, we are about as far from stagnant as you can get!

For example: With 8.0, we will be supporting CID's (initially on US Markets) within our Tick History. CID's are Corrections, Insertions and Deletions and represent updates sent directly by the Exchanges to correct a previous transaction.

While we've always processed this data from a "feed" perspective ( i.e. correcting the high, low, volume etc if the CID so dictated), with 8.0, we'll be processing CID's within our Tick History for the first time. For charting enthusiasts, this will translate to automatic corrections and even cleaner data.

Within a few weeks, we will be publishing a complete list of 8.0 enhancements and a timeline when users can expect 8.0 to be released.

We appreciate your continued patience. We're extremely confident that these improvements will be worth the wait.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,
      Glad to hear that we have much to look forward to
      in eSignal 8.

A major point that charting enthusiasts are hoping to
      see fixed in eSignal 8 is the volume bars problem.

When you have a volume spike, the bars that follow are shown only as specks. When you drag the volume scale up to expand the bars, the bars do expand but at the same time they go down below the bottom border of the volume pane and are no longer visible. If you could then put your pointer in the volume pane and drag the bars up as a whole in their expanded state, that would be fine. But that function is not available in the volume pane as it is in the price pane. As most stocks and futures have an opening volume spike, the volume for the rest of the day can't be seen and analysed.

Will this problem be solved in eSignal 8 in order to match
      its many excellent features?

Jay

Comment

Jay,

We're a few weeks away from announcing a list of features, so we cannot yet comment on your specific question. Generally speaking though, since this particular item has a work-around available (mentioned here,) it will likely have less priority than other issues that don't. Deciding what goes into a new release has a large number of factors involved, so it is difficult to speak specifics. But customer feedback plays an important role in this decision process, so thank you for your feature request! I'll send this over to our Product Development Team for consideration. If you have any other ideas you'd like to send our way, you can do so by clicking on Customer Support --> Make a Suggestion inside of eSignal.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Jay can you pass on a quick one to the development team.

When you select open> advanced chart in the current version

The defult chart has green chart linking already selected.

This means that sometime when you load a new chart and ad a new symbol.

All the existing charts in my set up with green symbol linking change too.

It would make more sense to have no symbol linking for defult charts.

Thanks,

Runningbear

Comment

Hi Runningbear,

after opening an default chart i disabled the green linking and then clicked in the new chart under "Style Templates" --> " "Set as Default". When i now open an new chart the linking does not longer appear.

Comment

Great tip Augustus.

Runningbear, per suggestions like yours, we turned off linkng by default in the 8.0 default page/layout. Please keep in mind the installer keeps your current set-up so only "new installs" should see the change.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X