Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you force a top and bottom margin when using auto scale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you force a top and bottom margin when using auto scale?

"Right Margin Offset" allows you to force a larger margin on the right of the chart. Is there a similar feature for the top and bottom of the chart? If not, can you somehow trick the chart to always have a set top and bottom margin?

I need a larger margin so that I can see some prices that get printed in a price study that I use. When price is near the top or bottom of the chart the prices print above or below the visible chart when in auto scale.

tgrue 1

"Right Margin Offset" allows you to force a larger margin on the right of the chart. Is there a similar feature for the top and bottom of the chart?

There is no similar feature for the top and bottom margins. You may want to submit a suggestion by selecting Customer Support-> Make A Suggestion from the main menu of eSignal.

If not, can you somehow trick the chart to always have a set top and bottom margin?

You could do that with an efs. If you are unfamiliar with programming in efs then you may want to read the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
    Alex

Comment

I can set up an efs, but I need a little direction on how I would create a top and bottom border. Can you supply me with a few hints or suggestions.

Thanks.

Comment

tgrue1
        Actually in thinking this through you do not need an efs to do that.
        You could use the Envelope study in Basic Studies set up as in the following image (if you use a different background set the Envelope color to match it)

The result is shown in the image shown below.
        Alex

Comment

Alex very very nice! Been needing something like this, works like a charm.

Great job of thinking outside the envelope (pun intended).

Comment

checkraise
            Thanks and BTW that was pretty clever pun
            Have a great weekend
            Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis. I greatly apppreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
              X