EFS will signal "Loading Data . . . ", never finishes load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS will signal "Loading Data . . . ", never finishes load

This is a mildly annoying issue, and happens very rarely. My EFS normally loads without issue in about 5 seconds. Normally, I reload it between 7 and 11 PM EST, every night, and it runs for the next day. However, there are few occasions when I may do some development work, and load it later in the evening, past 11 PM EST. Whenever I do this, the EFS does not seem to return from the "Loading Data . . . " error.

I have some other EFS running in supporting chart windows which pass data to my primary EFS, all are loaded without any errors when this occurs. One time, the error was an open file which was not properly closed, and when I rebooted my computer, the issue was cleared.

This morning, I did not have that issue, and the program would simply not complete loading. This is not a mission critical issue, but I would love to understand why this is happening.

Is the situation that there is just too much going on in the morning at E-Signal, that there is no proper response from the server on the E-Signal end. My friend suggested that I disconnect for 5 minutes and reconnect to another E-Signal server, which usually clear the problem.

I would love to get some kind of help with this issue if possible.

Regards,

Thomas.

Have you tried to reload the data by ctrl-clicking the "OK" button in the cursor window? If it does not work, you may check what time template is used in the window which causing "Loading data..." error? If it is 24 hours or any time template overlap with 7-11PM, check whether it is caused by "getFirstBarOfTheDay()", "getRawTime()" or any clause comparing time or using sym(), inv() which may cause freezing. I has such kind of problems and the above are the steps I used to isolate the clauses causing the problems. Hope this helps.

Comment

Happens to me too

Same thing happens to me all the time, usually starting my tick chart on Russell2000 after 11 pm till around 1 am EST. Figured it was server maintenance time or something, but is annoying, as thats when I like to "get down to business" with my coding and testing.
      Just rebooted 5 min ago. All worked fine.
      Most of this is on 7.8 Build 688.

New problem:On occasion, I only get 1-2 days worth of data, when using 24Hr , 10 day

7.9.1 build 738 justed worked fine also.

Comment

working for now

Thanks for all the ideas, I will keep this in mind. This only happens on a Tick chart, never on any other time frame. In the past 5 months, it only happened twice, so this is hardly a matter for national concern.

My thought is that it is either server maintanence or just server load, since if I load my system up at my normal time, around 8 PM EST every evening, I never have any issues. The problem only occurs if I try to load at a time outside the norm, usually after 11 PM EST.

The point to all of this is to make sure that what I rely upon works consistantly. To this day I have had no other issue, but in terms of using E-Signal, I use only very limited and specific functions.

I will shift all this to the back burner for now, and if it happens again I will post up.

All the best to all,

T

Comment

Working...
        X