spreads not updating properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spreads not updating properly

On a 1-min chart, my spread NQES = NQ #F - ES #F will update the price display on the axis with each update in my quote window. However, the bar on the chart will not build to show the updated price immediately, oftentimes it takes many seconds for the bar to show the prices correctly.

The same spread on a 2-min chart or longer will not update the price on the axis with each update on the quote window, and takes even longer to build the bar.

The screenshot shows on the 1-min the price is 423.75 while the 15-min shows it to be 423.00, and the bar on the 1-min shows the bar high is 423.50

791 Build 732 on Windows 2000pro here.
    Attached Files

There seems to be more odd behavior with the spreads. The bars are changing after they're completed.

In the screenshot below, the bottom chart was shot just 1 or 2 minutes after the top chart. The completed bars indicated by black lines changed in that time. The ranges and even the colors of the bars changed. I did not refresh the chart, this happened all on its own.

I have more screenshot examples of this odd behavior if you need them.

Does anyone with a later build have these same problems?
    Attached Files

Comment

I have the latest build and still have the same probelm as checkraise.

I wish esignal would finally fix this in the next version.

I use mainly 5min spread charts but need to contantly switch to 1 min charts to see the latest bar. It takes 1 minute or more for the spread bar in the 5 min chart to update. The 1 minute charts seems to be current but any timeframes after 1 minute are all delayed.

eSig How about finally fixing this problem PLEASE!!!!

Comment

Another problem is it seems eSignal fetches all the quotes each time. For instance, I view 30 minute spread, switch to 5 min. Switch back to 30 minute. Long delay, while eSignal fetches the quotes again.

Comment

Any comment on the spread updating problems below eSig?

Comment

Ill ask again, any fix for the problems reported below?

Comment

If not a fix, at least an acknowledgement of the problems from eSig would be appreciated. Are you able/unable to duplicate the problems? Has an EDL# been assigned? Do you need more information from us?

Comment

I stopped pounding the door a long time ago. I just report what I see and assume somebody is taking a look. I would be surprised if they are not. But it would be nice to know that bug fixing has the same priority as adding new features.

Comment

Still wondering if eSig is aware of the spread chart problems below?

Is there a fix in the works and if so when?

Comment

Hello all,

My apologies for not posting on this earlier. I had a response on Elite Trader that I confused with posting a response in this thread.

The summary of the issue is... we know about it, the fix is already completed, but it can't be released until eSignal 8.0 is ready to go out the door. Our current estimate for this is middle of this year (approximately June '06.)
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

I remember a practice MyTrack used to do: Post a list of all outstanding bugs where they would be ranked in importance and given a timeline for fix. Another page would list all feature requests. Every user had one vote each release cycle for what they wanted included. Everyone could see what was at the top of the list. Anyone could contribute an idea.

Comment

This problem persists even in 8.0 Build 779. In the image below, the top chart shows that the Low for the 14:54 bar, while it is still being built, is 38.62 . But the bottom chart shows that, after the 14:54 bar is complete and the next bar is being built, the Low for the 14:54 bar is 38.66 . 4 cents disappeared from the Low. The finished bar should correctly show High/Low of 38.74/38.62 . I have more screenshots of this happening with disappearing Highs as well if you need them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached is an image where both the High and the Low of a bar was erroneously altered while the bar was being built. The top chart shows a H - L of 42.64 - 42.60 while the bar was being built.. Then, a few seconds later, while the same bar was being built, the H - L changed several times until at completion, at the beginning of the building of the next bar, the final H - L is 42.63 - 42.62. A penny was shaved off the High and 2 cents off the Low. A 4-cent range was reduced to a 1-cent range.

I just wanted to stress that the bar is not changing after completion, but during the build.

The formula for this particular spread is

(YM #F - (10 * AB #F)) / 100 with 2 decimals.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X