Custom charting intervals and Volume display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom charting intervals and Volume display

I ve been trading the S&P minis for some time using E Signal. A friend with Tradestation uses a couple of things I would like to incorporate here. THey are a 233 tick per bar candlestick chart and a volume indicator that shows volume for any candle as a divided vertical bar but with 2 colors, one for up volume and one for down volume. It allows one to see the up versus down volume on one bar.I have the Easy Language volume indicator that she uses from Tradestation and wonder if it can be used to build a like indicator here. Additionally is there any way to set up a 233 tick per bar chart??

This is my first post to the forum . any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Carr McCormack

Hi Carr McCormack,

It is definitely possible to create a 233 tick candlestick chart. First step is to either use an existing or a brand new advanced chart window. From the top menu bar click on File/New/Advanced Chart/Default Chart. When the chart appears, press the number 2 on your keyboard and will bring up the change symbol dialogue box. Type in 233T on the interval field. Then, right click within the chart and goto Basic Studies and add Volume on the chart. Right click on the chart again and goto Edit Studies and choosing Volume at the top right corner will allow you to change the colors for the up/down volume bars. Hope this helps.

Please refer to our Knowledge Base Articles for more information.
    Article# 1267
    Article# 1275

Thank you
    Joe B.
    eSignal____________
    Community Support Group
    eSignal KnowledgeBase
    New User Orientation
    Add QuoTrek to eSignal l Get wireless quotes, charts, news | FREE for 30 days

Comment

Joe

Thanks very much for the info on intervals. On the volume indicator I want , I have the formula for the indicator from Tradestation. Can a formula from Tradestation EasyLanguage be compiled- translated or rewritten where it will give me the same type of indicator in E Signal???

Again many many thanks for your help

Carr

Comment

Hello Carr,

Easy Language formulas need to be rewritten or translated into EFS. If you are not familiar with writing formulas in EFS, please review this post for your available options.

FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Just absolutely awesome. found a study that pretty much matches what I wanted to accomplish with volume plus got the 233 tick running no prob at all. Additionally I have been playing with the popout feature to maxaimize monitor space. What a great program!!! Thanks all!!

Carr

Comment

What's the name of the study you found, Carr? This sounds like something I can use too :-)
            Thanks,
            Ayman

Comment

Ayman

The study is BidAskVolume.efs

To find it go to the EFS Formula script database and do a search on custom volume indicators.

I would have pasted the link for you but I just doscovered I cant paste in here. Let me know if I can be of further help.
              Carr

Comment

Ayman
                Click here for the EFS Database. Questions about this efs can be posted here
                Alex

Comment

Great formula, Carr, the Bid/Ask Volume. It's like an early warning system.

I only wish that it could include historic values, so I can examine its prediction accuracy. I guess eSignal data do not provide historic values of bid and ask sizes, or EFS does not have a function to retrieve them?

++Ayman

Comment

Working...
                  X