Hidden indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden indicators

Can I display the _last_ value of an indicator without plotting it? Case in point: ATR. I want to display what the current ATR value is, preferably in the quote header or status line, without plotting the ATR graph or showing it.

TIA,
    Ayman

Ayman
    While you cannot do that with the Basic Studies you can accomplish that with the EFS equivalents.
    If for example you wanted the ATR study to display the value only in the Cursor Window you could do the following.
    Using the EFS Editor open the customATR.efs which is provided in the EFS2 Custom folder and in preMain() replace
    setPriceStudy(false);
    with
    setPriceStudy(true);
    This will convert the study to a price study so it does not open an empty indicator window.
    Then in the return statement in main() replace
    return getSeries(xATR);
    with
    return getSeries(xATR).toFixed(2);
    This will convert the returned value to a string which an efs does not plot. At the same time through it will display the value of the ATR in the Cursor Window (see enclosed image).
    Once you have completed these changes save the script with a different name.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks, Alex. This sure will do what I wanted.

Is there a way to display the value in the status line, or better yet, in the quote area (where open, high, low and close are displayed) instead of the global cursor window?

Best regards,
      Ayman

Comment

Ayman
        Neither option is available at this time. You may want to submit your suggestion by either selecting Customer Support-> Make A Suggestion in the main menu of eSignal or by sending an email to [email protected]
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X