Functionality in Floating Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functionality in Floating Windows

I am unable to carry out deletion of studies and some config of studies in floating windows. Is there a work araound? Have not used them before.

Hi Momentum, can you give me an example of a few studies that arn't working properly in a floated window?

Comment

A number of things such as NOT being able to get focus on a floating window to remove studies and talso cannot use a number of the toolbar tools such as being able to shrink bars either horizontally or vertically.

Comment

Momentum
        The Increase/Decrease Bar Spacing and Bar Thickness tools are in effect missing from the chart's context menu.
        As a workaround though you could assign hotkeys to those commands using the Customize Keyboard function. For example I use Alt+Right Arrow and Alt+Left Arrow to increase/decrease the bar spacing and Alt+Up Arrow and Alt+Down Arrow to increase/decrease the bar thickness (note that you can also increase/decrease the spacing by clicking and dragging the X-Axis ie the time scale).
        As to compressing the bars vertically I don't believe there is a tool for that function even when the chart is docked. You need to click and drag up/down the Y-Axis (ie price scale)
        In the following animated gif of a floating window you can see that I change the bar spacing and width through hotkeys. Also shown are the horizontal and vertical compressions done by clicking and dragging the time and price scales.

I am not sure what you mean with not being able to remove studies. As far as I can see at my end studies can be added and remove from floating windows just as if those windows were docked (see animated gif below).
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex. I had to re-install to get that functionality back.

Comment

Floating Window

Hi,

I cannot use hotkeys or add a study to any of my floating windows. Is there something I need to do use floating window that I highlight so I can use these functions. When I try to add a study nothing happens, when I use the hot key function it makes the change in the docked window only and not in the floating window that I have highlighted.

TIA,
            Steve

Comment

Try to unmaximize the docked window within the main eSignal window before working on a floating window.

Comment

Originally posted by atlas
                Try to unmaximize the docked window within the main eSignal window before working on a floating window.
                Thanks Atlas, that worked. I don't know why I hadn't tried that before. Both hotkey and adding studies work on Floating windows now.

Comment

It's undocumented. Something else the devs might consider: when I open a chart (previously saved), it is not added to the Window list on menu.

Comment

Working...
                  X