IB Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Trading

Just looking at the IB integrated trading function.. looks good and I shall give it a whirl tomorrow.. any plans for further development of the feature? Such as incorporating the trailing stop function?

I have tried AutoTrader which is a nice interface.. but a bit buggy.. something like that would be excellent.. if esignal is interested in the particular features of that I will mention them here..

Neil

IB

Neil,

Post any ideas you have so we can review them to improve this. North Pesos on Elite says "It seem that the latest release of IB API supports Direct Routing", which we'll want to look at supporting.
    Chuck
    @eSignal

Comment

Hi Chuck,

A slider, for incrementing/decrementing numerical values, in the Volume and Price fields would be great.

Thanks

Comment

IB support improvement

yes there are many IB users ready to use a package like eSignal.

- a Cancel Order function in EFS
        at the moment we can only send buy or sell orders

- getHolding function in EFS
        so we can know in a script how many shares we hold for a stock.

- getOrderStatus function in EFS
        from IB API it tells you if an order is submitted, filled, cancelled etc..

- a Modify Order function in EFS
        again an improvement of the IBBroker subsystem. this one would allow resending a new limit price for a pending order.

(you now have all this information available in beta 2, it's just not supported in EFS.. the IB broker window is great !)

- add the OCA field to the order entry dialog.
        - add the target exchange for the order entry
        (remind users that it may cost extra to use the feature at IB-a disclaimer for eSignal).

Less urgent, but important
        - possibility to send automatically a STOP loss order and a Target order when the Entry order is filled
        (with the features added above, this can be easily coded in EFS by the way, as a script instead of a built in function).

nice to have
        - a new floating bar info on advanced chart (ie like the OHLC floating bar) showing the current position and profit/loss for the symbol displayed on the chart (all linked to IB data).
        (also codable in EFS if you provide the functions above).

GREAT WORK DONE ALREADY !!!

Comment

Hi,

I am an IB customer. I would like to find out if you can left click in level II bid/ask price and get the price & symbol filled out in the order entry window.

I was told right click and navigate down to Intergrated Trading -> IB is the only way to fill out symbols and last price on the order entry form.

My tech support was pretty clear that he does not know much about the IB trading part of the esignal and told me to go and ask IB. However, I believe this side of the interface is done by esignal. He suggested I post the questions on the bulletin.

Anyone helps?

Thanks,

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

Yes, double-clicking in the L2 box will fill the symbol and price fields. Quote sheets and charts use the right click method that you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
            X