Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Data into eSignal?

Hi,
    Will eSignal have the ability to IMPORT O/H/L/C/Vol data (or even indicator data) of the users choice in the future? The present EXPORTING function in adv charts is great - could this be used to import data also?

Thanks,
    Paul

This has been requested in the past and it's being looked into. With 7.3 close to going Gold, it wouldn't be addressed until the 7.4 release this summer, at the earliest.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Will eSignal be looking into the ability to export and import data in a real-time (eg - DDE) format?

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

What I've seen suggested in the past, and what we've looked at, is to import a data file from an external source. I have not seen any plans to take another real-time feed direct into Advanced Charting.

There are lots of exporting methods available: data Export tool w/in AC, DDE links, 3p's like QCollector and Dynastore and the soon to be available eSignal Data Wizard. The only other export enhancement I can think of is allowing history data to be retrieved via DDE. That's been requested in the past and we've done some of the work already in-house.

If you have something specific in mind, you can either post here or email our Product Development tream at [email protected]

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott - thanks for your reply.
          Is there any info on the forthcoming eSignal Data Wizard? I presume its not the EOD eSignal Wizard currently available (as displayed in the Product / Data Category) ?

Thanks.
          Last edited by TURLIES; 04-21-2003, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Any update on the ability to import historical data? Funny thing, with Wave59 and Esignal data I can get 20 years of daily data but with AC I get about 6 1/2 years. Unfortunately Wave59 doesn't have weekly so I can't test that against AC.

Comment

Hi,

Is it possible that you got some history data with Wave59 and it's stored locally? You don't reference a specific symbol but I've never seen more than 10 years or so on any issue from our history servers.

On the ability to import data, it didn't make the list for 7.7 and we are knee-deep in development for that version right now. Perhaps when 7.7 is out and released next month, it could get some consideration in 7.8 or 7.9.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ

Do you have any news if it is possible to import realtime data
                (Forex) from an other provider (taipan with comstock data)
                into esignal 7.8?

Tomcat

Comment

Working...
                X