connection this am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection this am

i continue to have connection issues with esignal, this happens from two different locations so it's not from my end, for instance, i have no quotes right now. is this a system wide issue? this happened everyday last week!!

Hi jeddins,

I know we talked about this a few weeks ago, I'm sorry to hear it continues to be a problem. Let's see if we can isolate this a bit. The next time you see the problem try this test:

Click on your Start menu, select Run
    In the Run dialog box type CMD and then press OK
    Inside the black DOS window type the following command:
    ping 216.23.227.9 -t
    After about a minute (or the duration of the problem) press CTRL + C

Please post the ping statistics here.

Thanks

Comment

it just did it again, but now is working...i tried the command and it says request timed out.

Comment

Can you run that test again while everything is working and let me know if you still see Request timed out. If you do see time outs, please tell me how your network topology is setup.

Comment

everything is working fine now but i'm still timing out on the ping request. at one location, i go straight thru a cable modem and at the other location where i am today, we've got a t1 running thru the network. let me know what else you need to know

Comment

It looks like the location you are at right now doesn't allow you to send ping requests.

Do you have the same problem at your other location?

Comment

Jeddins, that IP address I gave you is down right now. When you see the problem let's try the same test except replace the IP address with esignalcentral.com, then post the ping statistics. Let's also do a trace route and see what we can gleam from that.

For the trace route use the following syntax:
              Code:
              tracert esignalcentral.com
              Copy and Paste the results here, to copy in DOS, right click and select Mark, then you will be able to copy / paste.

For the ping you can use:
              Code:
              ping esignalcentral.com -t
              Please post the ping statistcs here.

Comment

Working...
              X