Using Spreads to create custom Indexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Spreads to create custom Indexes

I am exploring the use of the spreads feature to create custom indexes. Often I will look at a sector and pick the top 10 stocks to follow. Using the Spreads Symbol Settings feature I have created custom sectors of up to 10 symbols. The charts take a moment to update but it works nicely. The only question I have is the Quote Window does not list the resultant number of the new index. A window within the advanced chart shows the info however it doesn't find its way to the quote window. There is just a 0.00 listed next to the custom spread symbol.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by magnetic; 02-06-2006, 04:32 PM.

magnetic
    You may want to provide an example of a spread that does not display its value in the Quote Window so that others can try to replicate the issue. FWIW spreads appear to be displaying correctly at my end
    Alex

Comment

Modified Housing Index

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for your reply. One sector I trade is based on the $HGX. The spread I created was simply

BZH + CTX + DHI + HOV + KBH + LEN + MDC + PHM + RYL + SPF + TOL

Thanks again

Comment

magnetic
        It seems to be working fine here (see enclosed image). I am running version 7.9.1 (build 738)
        Alex

Comment

All set

I just upgraded to the latest build and it works fine ( I previously had build 732)

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X