Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Replay?

Greetings,

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to do an end of day replay?

I searched the knowledge base, and below is what it returned (not exactly helpful):

isReplayMode()

isReplayMode()

Returns true if the script is currently being run in Replay mode.

Example:

if (isReplayMode() == true) {

debugPrint("In replay mode!!\n");

return;

}
    Mike Cleveland

mikejody
    If you looking for the instructions on how to use Bar Replay or Tick Replay see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
    Alex

Comment

Perfect! That is what I was looking for. Does the bar replay work even if I have not had the particular chart I wish to replay open during the day? In other words, when I get to the hotel at night, can I just open the replay tool and select the chart I wish to replay?

One other question I have: Do you have another article that you can point me to that explains how "esignal paper trading" works?

Thank you again.

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      mikejody
      If you looking for the instructions on how to use Bar Replay or Tick Replay see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
      Alex
      Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike
        In order to use Bar Replay you must be online. Tick Replay instead uses data that you have downloaded using the Tick Downloader and stored locally.
        For information on Paper Trading see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. FYI I found it by searching the KB for paper trade
        Alex

Comment

Thank you. You mean I must have been online all day, with chart open, in order to use the replay function?

In the "paper trade" issue, I have no "broker window" to open, I only have a "trade" window. So I cannot see any open positions, their profit/loss, etc. nor can I close them. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Mike
          In order to use Bar Replay you must be online. Tick Replay instead uses data that you have downloaded using the Tick Downloader and stored locally.
          For information on Paper Trading see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. FYI I found it by searching the KB for paper trade
          Alex
          Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike
            You have to be online at the time you are using Bar Replay. If you read through the article I indicated you should find all the necessary information
            To view the Broker Window you must first access the Trade Preferences (click Trade-> Preferences from the main menu) and set up the eSignal Paper Tade as the Default and Visible (see enclosed image)
            Alex

Comment

Alex,

Got it. The paper trade is now set up properly.

Only question remains is about replay. I am offline all day. Can I, in the evening, when I get to the hotel and logon, can I then replay that days market?

Mike
              You have to be online at the time you are using Bar Replay. If you read through the article I indicated you should find all the necessary information
              To view the Broker Window you must first access the Trade Preferences (click Trade-> Preferences from the main menu) and set up the eSignal Paper Tade as the Default and Visible (see enclosed image)
              Alex
              Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike
                Yes you can. You just open a chart and replay the day bar by bar using Bar Replay or you download the data with the Tick Downloader and replay it tick by tick with Tick Replay
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X