Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my bar charts blank this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my bar charts blank this morning?

Most of my bar charts seem to be not working this morning. The data isn't displaying. Anyone know how to fix this? My daily charts work fine. If I try to switch a daily chart to a 30-minute chart, or a 3-minute chart, the data doesn't show up. The chart remains blank. Even the dates and the volume disappear. The chart is just pure blank. But switching to the daily view works perfectly.

Quotesheet data is fine.

Can anyone help me here? This is unusual. I've tried closing esignal and restarting esignal. I closed the Data Manager as well, and restarted it, but to no avail.

Thanks,
    whinston

whinston, as I have been advised on this board, when that happens to me, I close down esig and the Data Manager, then reopen them, and repeat as necessary. If after a few times the problem still exists, I check the Status board, and if no info is there, I'll post in the Data board that there is a problem. For me the problem almost always disappears after the first shutdown/restart.

Comment

whinston,

If by exiting the program and restarting it again does not fix the problem, verify that the Time Template being used in the chart is correct.

The upper left hand corner of the chart displays the Time Template and the description of the symbol, for Google, it will read something like "(GOOG, 5) Dynamic, Auto (9:30 - 13:00).

Make sure that the Time Template covers the period of time you are expecting to see.

You can right click the mouse inside the chart and go to Time Templates, then click the "24 Hour", if the chart displays, then what happened is that your chart was using a template that did not covered that period of time.

Daily, Weekly, Monthly charts do not use Time Templates, they are set to display 24 hours.

Comment

Thanks, but checkraise was right. I had to close and restart esignal (and the data manager) twice, before the problem was solved. So after booting up this morning, it was actually the third occurence of esignal that worked. The first startup of esignal failed to show charts. Stopping and restarting esignal also failed. But the third startup of esignal it worked.

I never changed my time templates on any of my charts, but thanks for the suggestion. I have four intraday charts open and two daily charts open simultaneously. The intraday charts were not working originally, whereas the daily charts were working fine.

Well anyways, everything is working now, and has been since about 9am this morning.

Thanks,
        whinston

Comment

Working...
        X