Clear All

• Price Scale

Ok, on my es charts the price scale on the right shows prices about
    5pts apart.. I want to see the whole days data on one 3 min screen
    for example and I can't seem to find anyway to alter the grid scale
    to allow more prices to be shown, such as in 1pt steps... what am I
    missing?

Neil

The large scale increment problem is not limited to e-minis. Price scale increments are just too large. As the displayed price range increases, the y-axis price/gridline increments change to larger increments when there is still lots of room between values for a smaller increment. The smaller increment is much more useful and should be displayed for as long as possible before moving to the larger increment. For example, with an increasing price range displayed on the chart, the scale will change from a .10 increment to a .25 increment way before spacing on the y-axis makes that necessary. There’s lots of room for a .10 increment when advanced charts show .25. When the scale changes to .50 increments, there's plenty of room for .20 or .25 increments. The increment should remain as small as possible until scale values are so close together that the increment must change to the next larger increment.

Comment

Another scale issue: When trading penny increment instruments, the user should be able to set scaling to the penny. Scale increment values to three decimal places (e.g. .875, .625, .375, .125, etc.) are unusual, unhelpful, and confuse the scale display. This is particularly bothersome on tick and other sub-minute charts. Instead of a scale showing “.50 .525 .55” (large increments and three decimal places), the scale should display “.50 .51 .52 .53 .54 .55” (one penny increment and two-decimal place display). A scale showing one penny increments and two-decimal places makes it easy to quickly identify an exact price. The way it is now, the user is constantly interpolating and guessing. Especially for sub-minute charts, the increments need to remain as small as possible until scale values are so close together that the next increment spacing is absolutely required.

With users trading instruments in both two and three decimal places, there needs to be a chart configuration setting to allow users to specify 2 or 3 decimal places for price and analytic values displayed in the price scale. As it is now, you can limit the display to two decimal places, but the scaling does not adjust. For example, you'll see duplications in the scale; e.g. ".12 .12" for ".12 .125".

Edited by - Lancer on 10/05/2002 16:09:34

Edited by - Lancer on 10/05/2002 16:10:28

Comment

Not to mention the way that esignal displays the prices for the eminis.. not yet seen an explanation of why they are shown as 5 digits with no decimal points at all.. that is so strange.. why?? Not very user friendly at all..

Comment

Hi Neal, Lancer,

Thank you for your posts. We have received request to enhance our scaling along these lines and have it on our development list for future release. I will add these as further guidance to that effort.

Regards,
          Andy S.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Andy.. appreciate that..

Neil

Comment

Working...
            X