Alerts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts!

I use alerts a fair amount, but just ran into something I haven't seen before. After spending a few hours of research I added about 6-8 alerts. At some point when loading an EFS, eSignal crashed. Brought everything back up...no alerts!

Any idea's on how to get them back? Am I, just SOL?

Thanks,

G
    Garth

Garth
    One place I would look in is the [AlertListDlg] section in winsig.ini.
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks, I found it, but it doesn't seem to tell me much. What do you think it would show?

Is there a file that contains the list of alerts, or is it part of the layout?

This is kind of a bummer as I will not have time to redo this until late next week.

G
      Garth

Comment

Garth

When you mentioned you had no Alerts I thought one possibility was that the Alert window is opening somewhere on the application desktop but out of view (sort of like the disappearing Output window).
        The lines in the section of the winsig.ini could tell you if that is the case.
        Here are mine where the Alert window is almost at the top left of the app's desktop.

[AlertListDlg]
        top=111
        bottom=387
        left=9
        right=305
        Visible=Yes

The file that contains the Alerts should be in the eSignal directory and is Alerts.xml.

Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 04-20-2003, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Alex. I wasn't clear enough in my first post. The alert list shows up, but it only has two entries - one from the day before yesterday and one that I added today. All the other ones I added yesterday are gone.
          Garth

Comment

OK, one last try before I write this all off. The .xml seems to be an alert list history of alerts. What I am looking for is where eSignal keeps the alerts I set up to be triggered.

Anyone know?

G
            Garth

Comment

Alerts

Hello there,

The file I think you are referring to is .AT, which is linked to your layout file. The file unfortunately is not viewable, but making sure it exists in your harddrive is a start. Do a search ont he name of your layout to make sure that you have the file with the .AT extension.

When alerts are created, they are not autmoatically saved until the layout is saved, or you choose file/exit all & save. When the system crashed, the alerts were not yet saved and thus were erased. Please try to re-enter the alerts and then immediately save the layout file (Layout/Save). You will find that even if you crash or close, the alerts will remain.

Hope this helps,
              Heather Holmes
              eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Thanks Heather. I talked with a developer last night and figured most of that out with his help...but I do appreciate your response as well.

Thanks,

Garth
                Garth

Comment

Working...
                X