791r4 upgrade prob - Error Ox80040707 re DBC.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 791r4 upgrade prob - Error Ox80040707 re DBC.dll

I had eSignal 791r1 running perfectly on XPsp2. Tried to upgrade to Es 791r4, but got these error messages :

Error Ox80040707

then

Unable to load ....three.dll's.

The install then aborted.

Support recommended I delete these .dll's, which I did, plus I uninstalled eS791r1 before reinstalling 791r4. That error message disappeared, I got this instead on install:

Unable to load implode.dll

I lifted this dll from another PC I have eS 791r4 loaded on (that was a clean install of 791r4) and put it in c:/windows/system32. Now, whether I try to install 791r1 or 791r4 I get same error number on install, followed by :

Unable to load DBC.dll

The other XPsp2 PC I have eSignal 791r4 loaded on doesn't have this dll, but it does have vfpodbc.dll in Windows/system32 and mscordOdbc.dll in Windows/ServicePackFiles/i386 .

Anyone know what this is about please? My guess (for what it's worth) is that the 791r4 install may have some dlls missing and/or the 791r1 uninstall routine removed some it shouldn't. Can I possibly fix this problem by transferring the above two .dll's with dbc in the name, plus any other extra .dll's I have on the other PC, to the System32 directory of the one I'm trying to load eS on?

Thanks,

Max

Hi Max,

You could try copying the DLL's referenced in the error message from one PC to the other. You should put them in the same directory they came from on the original computer. If that does not work, please follow the instructions in the following article to remove eSignal and then try to install again.

Let me know if that works.

Comment

791r4 upgrade prob - Error Ox80040707 re DBC.dll

Hi Ryan:

Thanks for your help. I found just one of that list of files still on my PC, and deleted it. I then ran Registry Mechanic and fixed (ahem) 247 probs, mostly just dead entries. The current eSingal install then ran perfectly.

Max

Comment

Glad to hear that

Comment

Working...
        X