Relative Strength (NDX vs. SPX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relative Strength (NDX vs. SPX)

I'd like to have a graph the shows the daily closing value of $SPX divided by the daily closing value of $NDX. How could I accomplish this, and is there any way to have this in a standard chart, perhaps as a custom symbol.

Ideally i'd like to create a line chart whose closing value on each day is equal to SPX's closing value divided by NDX's closing value on the same day. Then based on this new "equity" i'd like to be able to apply basic studies, like a moving average for example.

fritz33333
    See this article on Spreads from the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

This looks promising, but I am unable to find the "Open Spread Symbol Settings dialog"

Open Spread Symbol Settings dialog from Main Menu > Tools > Spread Symbols Settings

Comment

fritz33333
        From the main menu of the eSignal program select Tools-> Spread Symbol Settings. This will open the dialog box in which you will create your spreads, ratios, etc
        Alex

Comment

great. It works in advanced chart, but my "custom index" does not show up in the standard chart

My custom symbol is "NDXSPX"

and the formula is "$NDX / $SPX * 100"

if I enter the symbol NDXSPX in my symbols list and click on it, I just get a black black screen. But if I right click on the symbol and select advanced chart, then it will work. can i make it work ina standard chart?

Comment

fritz33333
            As far as I know symbols created with the Spread Symbol Settings tool are not available in Standard Charts
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X