Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside Down Williams %R

Hello all,

I have a question about your Williams %R indicator.

It seems that the %R indicator is displayed "Upside Down."

That is, the 0 area (overbought) is on top, while the -100 area (oversold) is on the bottom.

In most other charting platforms, the display is reversed, with the 100 area being on top, and the 0 area on the bottom.

I was just wondering if there was a way to reprogram the indicator, so that the display is reversed, with 100 on top and 0 on the bottom.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

sprtrader
    In my understanding the formula for Williams PercentR should return only negative values between 0 and -100 hence 0 should be on top and -100 at the bottom. Following is the equation for PercentR taken from Steve Achelis' Technical Analysis from A to Z and an image showing how the indicator displays [for example] in Metastock

Anyhow given that the formula for PercentR is identical (albeit reversed) to the Stochastic %K if you want to display the PercentR with 100 at the top and 0 at the bottom use the Stochastic study with Smooth%K and %D set to 1. The following chart contains both the PercentR and Stochastic studies and as you can see other than for the inverted scale the plots are identical
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X