Historical Data in Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Data in Forex

In the beginning of this week I could see many months of historical data on the monthly and weekly charts for the USD pairs. I cannot see those now. Why do we not have older data for the longer term charts?

moizamjad
    As far as I can see weekly and monthly data for most USD pairs goes back to 1986 (see enclosed image for EUR for example)
    You may want to post a chart in which the Description (ie the writing in the top left corner of the chart) is visible as that may provide some information as to why you may not be seeing the data
    Alex

Comment

Strangely

It is strange that now the data is showing till March 1986 on the USD pairs, except NZD/USD. In case the problem occurs again, I will post it with my image.

Thank you very much for the response.

Moiz

Comment

Weekly Chart in Advanced GET

Interestingly, the monthly data in the Advanced Get Charts goes back to 1986. However, as the image shows, the weekly charts go back only to 2000.
        Attached Files

Comment

Moiz
          That is probably because you are requesting 300 bars of data which in the case of the monthly interval will return data to 1986 but in the case of the weekly interval only goes back to 2000.
          In the Issue dialog box increase the number of Bars to 1000 and you should see the weekly chart go back to 1986 approximately
          Alex

Comment

Here is the Problem again

Here is the USD/JPY monthly chart only showing part of the data it normally does. What may be the problem?
            Attached Files

Comment

Moiz
              The only thing I can think of is that you may be having problems with your internet connections because at my end I am getting monthly data back to 1984 (see enclosed image)
              Alex

Comment

Intra-day Charts

My other intra-day charts (eSignal Premiere) show data as under:

60 minutes: upto 12/16
                120 minutes: upto 12/18
                180 minutes: upte 11/21
                240 minutes: upto 11/21
                360 minutes: upto 11/21
                480 minutes: upto 11/21
                720 minutes: upto 11/21

Is that the maximum that these charts will show?

Comment

Moiz
                  That corresponds to 120 days of intraday data which is the maximum available at this time.
                  For more information on how much historical data is available in eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
                  Alex

Comment

Thank you very much for your support and help, Alexis.

Comment

Moiz
                      You are most welcome
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X