Copying lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying lines

I draw a line in an advanced chart. While I am placing the line, the cursor (the "pencil" icon) is right AT the line. I am able to place the line exactly as I want to. Now I want to copy that line. When I right click on it and select Copy, the new parallel line appears, but with the cursor WELL BELOW it. On my screen it is about 1/2" below. Because of this "gap" I will now sometimes be off the chart - below the x-axis or to the right of the y-axis - when I go to place the copy where I want it. That will not be allowed; that copy will not "stick." To place the line I will then need to compensate for the gap between the cursor and new line by shifting the cursor so that it does stay inside the chart.

I don't see the advantage in having this gap. It just makes copying lines a little more cumbersome, at least for me.
    Tom

Tom
    That is a known issue and eSignal have already said it is on the list of things to be fixed.
    In the mean time instead of right clicking and selecting Copy (which is what causes that 'offset') you could use the Copy Tool in the Line Toolbar (the icon looks like two stacked pages).
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 04-24-2003, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks. The "Copy Tool" approach works fine.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X