NYSE TS Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSE TS Problem

I'm running esignal pro v7.91 build 732. I have a problem w/ NYSE Time-and-Sales. My TS quotes don't update immediately after a stock is openned. I have to manually press the green OK button to start the update. Intraday, with new quotes, are fine. Also, the daily chart doesn't display the currently day's data until mid-day. Anyway for me to resolve these 2 problems?

Thanks,
    -Alex

Hi alui, did this problem just start happening and have you installed any sofrtware on your computer? Also, please PM your username and I will look at your connection.

Comment

Ryan,

I PM'd you yesterday. Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at this problem for me.

Thanks,
      -Alex

Originally posted by RyanS
      Hi alui, did this problem just start happening and have you installed any sofrtware on your computer? Also, please PM your username and I will look at your connection.

Comment

Alex, I looked at your connections a few times and everything looks good. That tells us that this could be a software issue.

Have you tried a standard T&S window, do they update properly there?

Comment

Ryan,

You've lost me there. The problem I've been having is with the T&S window. Is there another "standard" T&S window? If so, how do I bring it up.

Thanks,
          -Alex

Originally posted by RyanS
          Alex, I looked at your connections a few times and everything looks good. That tells us that this could be a software issue.

Have you tried a standard T&S window, do they update properly there?

Comment

Alex
            You can bring it up by selecting File-> New-> Standard Chart and then selecting Time & Sales form the Chart Type dropdown selector which is in the Standard Chart's Toolbar (see enclosed image).
            More information on Standard Charts is available in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
            Alex

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I didn't even know I could access another version of T&S via standard charts. I'll try it on monday. Incidentally, why should there be any difference between the standard T&S and the regular T&S quote polling mechanism, if any?

Well, I'll see on monday and I'll post back ...

Thanks,
              -Alex

Comment

Alexis & Ryan,

I monitored the "standard" T&S and found that it displays the opening quotes immediately after the stock opens, i.e. it doesn't have the same problem as the T&S version that I'm using.

Do you know why the "standard" T&S works fine while mine doesn't? I don't mind switching over to the "standard" version. The only thing is with the "standard", I can't adjust the column widths. Also, there are not as many available fonts w/ the "standard" T&S.

Thanks,
                -Alex

Originally posted by alui
                Thanks Ryan. I didn't even know I could access another version of T&S via standard charts. I'll try it on monday. Incidentally, why should there be any difference between the standard T&S and the regular T&S quote polling mechanism, if any?

Well, I'll see on monday and I'll post back ...

Thanks,
                -Alex

Comment

alui,

We have not had any other reports that I know of from users regarding this problem so I cannot say exactly why it is happening. Something to try however would be a clean re-install of eSignal, this may fix this issue. For instructions on doing that please refer to the following KB article:

Comment

Working...
                  X