Real Time Data Not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time Data Not Updating

THis a.m. just after the 9:30 open, my charts and quote windows stopped updating with real time data. I could however refresh a chart and get an updated static chart. I quite eSignal and restarted. It ran fine for a few minutes and stopped again. I went to the DM and put in a request and prices appear to update there in real time but still not in the charts or other windows.

I installed Kaspersky antivirus this morning and deleted Norton. Thinking this may have created the problem I turned off the antivirus. Nothing happened.

Does anyone have a clue about what is going on here? Is there a problem with running antivirus. I had always used Norton and never had a problem. Or is there some other issue -- port number, other configuration issue?

Thanks.

Hi buhrmaster,

I am not familiar with Kaspersky but you should check to see if it has a program control list and make sure eSignal and the Data Manager are fully allowed on there. If Kaspersky blocks ports then you will need to make sure ports 2189-2196 are open for outbound TCP access as well.

Comment

The blocking of ports and programs is a function of my firewall, which is a separate program that I have been using for some time. I checked it just to make sure and there were no issues.

ESignal finally ran out of memory (the pagefile was over 2gb) and I restarted my whole system, with the antivirus turned off. Everything ran fine for 3 minutes then it stopped again. I am running no other apps.

Comment

Deleted Kaspersky antivirus and appear to be running good (so far). Can anyone recommend a good antivirus that is compatible with Esignal? I have already used Norton Antivirus (and don't like it) so would prefer something else.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X