Strange behavior with quote windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange behavior with quote windows

I have a symbol that keeps getting highlighted as if it was setting low alerts. It is highlighted every tick, but I have no alerts set.

Also I have the settings so that they should be highlighting intraday highs and lows but those never highlight.

what might be going on?

Thanks.

chud
    What is the symbol? What is highlighted, the text or the background and in what color? Also are you using the default color settings or did you modify them?
    To make it easier you may want to zip the Quote Window you are using and attach it to your reply.
    Alex

Comment

The symbol PHM in this quote window is constantly flashing a red background in the Last column. This is the color I set up for low alerts, but no alerts are set in esignal at the moment.

I edited the colors from default.
      Attached Files

Comment

chud
        That alert flashes because the Flash Cells when 52 Week High/Low Occurrs setting is checked. To uncheck it select Quote Options-> Colors in the main menu
        Alex

Comment

Why is it flashing on every tick though? It is not only flashing on new highs.

Comment

chud
            It is flashing also on 52 Week High (for example AACE and PPHM)
            Alex

Comment

I meant the symbol PHM was flashing every time it ticked even though it was well below highs.

I restarted esignal and this behavior stopped.

Comment

chud
                As I understand it if you enable Flash Cells when 52 Week High/Low Occurrs it will flash on every tick if that security has established a new 52 week High or Low regardless of the fact that it may not be at its high or low at that time.
                This is different from the Flash Cells when Intraday High/Low Occurrs which will flash only when a new High or Low is posted
                Alex

Comment

The intraday high and lows are not flashing for any of my symbols. I just watched several stocks setting new daily lows and the rows didn't highlight as set up in the options.

Comment

chud
                    As far as I can see at my end the cells are flashing on new intraday Lows (see enclosed image showing ATYT setting a new low). Using eSignal version 8.0 with the default color scheme
                    Alex

Comment

I don't understand why mine isn't working then. I just installed esignal 8. I haven't seen an intraday high or low flash yet despite watching many stocks making day highs & lows.

What do you recommend I do?

Comment

chud
                        You may want to post a screenshot of the Quote Window's Colors dialog box as it may provide some clues as to why you are not seeing the highlights.
                        Alex

Comment

Here's the colors window.
                          Attached Files

Comment

chud
                            The only difference that I can see is that I have the 52 Week High/Low unchecked as that will override the Intraday High/Low highlight if a security is also posting a 52 week High/Low. Try disabling that option and see if it changes anything
                            Alex

Comment

I made that change and still haven't seen a high or low highlighted all day. I don't understand what the problem could be.

Comment

Working...
                              X