Sound on trades alert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound on trades alert?

I scalp futures, which are sometimes very thinly traded. I would like to have an audio alert to let me know there are trades happening. Is there a way to do this with esignal alerts? I have found a way to make a sound on bid/ask changes, but this is not of help to me, since b/a change for hours sometimes w/o any trades. Is it possible to make such an alert?

Anybody who has ensign can see what I'm talking about, it has this feature built in, allowing you to hear beeps on transactions.

Dart
    Assuming I understood correctly what you describe I think you may be able to accomplish that by setting an alert for Last Traded Price using the same price in the Last High and Last Low fields and then setting the Re-Arm function with an Incremental Change of 0 (see example below)
    Alex

Comment

this produces a sound on every bid and ask change. I need it to only give an alert on actual trades, since in thin traded times few trades happen, though bid/asks change constantly.

Comment

Dart
        You can do that with an efs which you then apply to a chart (of any interval) for that security. An efs executes only on trades so it will not trigger any alerts on bid/ask changes.
        If you are unfamiliar with programming in efs then you may want to use the Formula Wizard which makes it relatively easy to write formulas such as this one. The enclosed image shows you how to do it using the Formula Wizard. In the example I am just setting up a simple condition which is always true by definition (ie 1 is always equal to 1) and which triggers a sound alert.
        Alex

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! It works! This has been something I have needed for so long. Thanks again!

Comment

Dart
            You are most welcome.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X