What else is new in eSignal V. 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else is new in eSignal V. 8.0

I would like to know if there is anything new that relates to any additions to the Advance Charting Capabilties like New Indicators, Drawing tools, more intraday data and chart manipulation etc. etc.

Thanks

steve421
    All the new features of 8.0 are listed in this announcement.
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I looked at it & there I couldn't find anything related to Advanced Chart features that I mentioned.

As far as the charting application goes, is there anything added like new indicators or drawing tools or chart manipulation features ?

Can I overlay one indicator ( Oscillator ) on top of another indicator ( Oscillator ) or on top of price ? If yes how ?

Thanks

Comment

steve421
        Those are all the new features added in 8.0
        You can overlay an indicator pane on another indicator pane or price pane. Just click and drag the indicator window while pressing the Shift key and drop it on to the desired window. FWIW this feature has been available since version 7.7 if not earlier
        Alex

Comment

Hi steve421,
          Originally posted by steve421

I looked at it & there I couldn't find anything related to Advanced Chart features that I mentioned.

As far as the charting application goes, is there anything added like new indicators or drawing tools or chart manipulation features ?

Can I overlay one indicator ( Oscillator ) on top of another indicator ( Oscillator ) or on top of price ? If yes how ?

Thanks
          Just wanted to add, if you were to look at this thread, a similar question was asked yesterday.

Comment

Hi,

I was a bit dissapointed that the new version of esignal looked and felt exactly the same as the other versions. I thought that with the 8xx series, the software would have had a different look and feel to it.

Take for example the advanced get software. That software has a nice streamlined look and feel to it. I know the look of the software would not improve trading results but if you get something new, you would expect it to look new.

I am not a software developer so I am not sure how long it takes to give the software a facelift. I am assuming it can not be too long. Just adjust a few codes and you can have a new look, I think.

Can this be done in time for the next update?

Thanks,

kbw

Comment

Hi kbw,

The first couple of 8.xx releases (specifically 8.0 and 8.1) are mostly about adding content and improving data quality. In case you haven't read it, the changes for 8.0 and 8.1 are noted here in the announcement.

You'll likely see an application "facelift" in 8.2 or 8.3.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for fixing the bug that spread charts would not update on non-1-minute-based intervals. This should open up interesting new possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                X