Market Scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Scans

Is there anyway to write a scan script within the eSignal program that will scan the market for stocks meeting specific criteria, i.e., breakouts, new lows, etc? Are there any scan supplied with eSignal?

Hi and Welcome!

With our scripting language (EFS), you are limited to 7 symbols but we do have a scanner product so you might want to check that out.

Thanks.

Comment

Scanner

Thanks Scott, I got the scanner turbo.

Comment

Hi Jason. Is the 7 symbol limit a TOTAL of 7 symbols per study or only 7 at once? Ie: Can I load 7, then get the info I need, unload those 7, then load ANOTHER 7, and so forth.

Was thinking of making a .txt file for input with a list of 100 or so and loading in 7 at a time, then reading the next 7... etc etc etc..

Geoff

Comment

Hello Geoff,

It's a total of 7 symbols and/or intervals. Once an EFS exceeds that limit it will generate a run-time error. You will not be able to create scanners with EFS. This type of routine is too process intensive for EFS and also would cause problems on the server side due to the extreme number of data requests that could be made.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Yea I was just trying to be thrifty. I dont mind paying for the eSignal scanner but I don't think you can write your own EFS code or scans for it?

I love the way *S has the matrix list where you can apply studies to. It's convinent. Although im not switching to the dark side.

Comment

Accessing scan results from within EFS?

From reading these posts I understand that I can't use EFS to scan the market. I don't mind subscribing to one of the scan products, but I need to be able to access the scan results, or even control the scan, from with EFS. In short, I want to be able to use the scan results ans candidates for my program trading strategy.

To what extent can I control the scan product using EFS, and access the results from within EFS?

Thank you,

Robert

Comment

Apology...

I apologize for the double post. I had a technical problem, and didn't think the first post worked.

Thank you,

Robert

Comment

Hello Robert,

EFS does not currently have access to scan results or the ability to manipulate the scan. Please feel free to submit a request for such a feature to [email protected].
                  Jason K.
                  Project Manager
                  eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                  EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                  EFS Glossary
                  Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                  X