Clock change problem with spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock change problem with spread

The 405 minute chart for ES #f - AB #f on the 9:30-16:15 time template works fine going back to April 3, 2006 when the clocks "sprang forward". It plots one bar per date. But before then, the chart plots 2 bars per date, one at 8:30 and another at 15:15.

I believe this is related to EDL #21691 discussed here , but it has not been addressed in the latest release 8.0 (Build 779).
    Attached Files

I would appreciate a response from eSig on this problem. Are you aware of the problem? Has an EDL been assigned? Is there an estimation of when it might be resolved?

Comment

These little quirks quickly become life or death when these errant values are used in studies, and then studies upon studies.

I understand that charting studies is not the most exact science to begin with, as different vendors calculate formulas differently, some using the best ask, some using the last trade, some using a combination of both. But something like a bar's value changing after the bar has been completed must be addressed.

If eSignal has reason to believe this is a problem caused locally, and not an internal problem, that would be of interest also.
      Last edited by jobe1; 08-13-2006, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Hi jobe1,

This thread is about how the changing of clocks from standard to daylight savings time impacts the time axis and intervals on charts. There is another thread HERE where I reported the changing of a bar's value. The changing of the bar AFTER it has been completed may have been fixed, I haven't noticed one of those in a while now. But DURING the building of bars lows are still being discarded and replaced with higher lows, and highs are still being discarded and replaced with lower highs. Either after or during, the fact remains that bars are changing in ways they shouldn't.

I appreciate your input and would still like to hear from eSig on both threads.

Comment

chk, misposted. ditto

Comment

Working...
          X