Different timezone problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different timezone problem

If my computer's time is set to GMT+8 and I am tracking the forex spot markets in realtime I will encounter a timezone problem when my computer clock turns 12midnight. The daily history updates I get will add the new day (my time) to the most recent daily bar (which is understandable) but the bar before that is signalled as a completed day when in fact that day has not ended (forex goes by GMT+0 and Esignal triggers settlement price at approx. 2300hrs GMT)...so that bar's high, low, closing prices are inaccurate. I have sort of found a workaround for that. But what will happen when the market actually ends? Will the bar that formerly showed a premature ending be updated with the correct high, low and closing prices at the time when the market has reached settlement or will it wait for my computer clock to turn midnight again?

In a nutshell, this problem exists because the esignal application follows my computer clock and not the actual time at which the market ends...which I think should be the correct way to signal me for end of day. Since I can only set one timezone per computer, I am not able to manage other markets from other timezones at the same time! And I am not willing to pay for 1 esignal account for each timezone either.

Any suggestions or help here will be great.

p/s: To the Esignal staff, I hope someone will solve this problem soon because this is pretty major; incorrect data can lead to losses. I've been calling the technical helpdesk many times and no one could provide any solution that even comes close.
    Last edited by atham; 07-13-2006, 03:14 PM.

I have stayed up all night till this morning to confirm a bug in the esignal application. My computer clock is set at GMT+8. Attached is a screen capture to depict the Pounds fx spot. The bar at the cursor is 12 Jul 2006. The bar to the right of it (the last bar in the series) is 14 Jul 2006. 13 Jul is missing because it hasn't ended yet. Timestamp of screen capture is at 2:38am my time. I checked the chart again at 9am my time and the 13 Jul hasn't appeared eventhough the Pounds Fx market was over about 1 hour ago; the 12 Jul and 14 Jul bars were still side by side. I toggled between different markets and finally switched back to the Pounds again to force a data refresh but the 13 Jul was still missing. Finally I shut the esignal application and restarted it and then the 13 Jul bar finally appeared. Why wasn't I signaled when the 13 Jul ended? Why wasn't the bar shown? This problem with the advanced chart is the same problem I am having with the call to get_RequestHistory(). I would appreciate if the Esignal staff can attend to this immediately as this is URGENT
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X