This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New eSignal user question

As a new new user I am having problems opening advance charts of the same instrument with different timings. I use 5/15/30 etc and am finding that when I change the time on one chart they all change - how can I amend that so that they all operate on different timings. Thanks

Perhaps the Interval Linking Feature is on - you sound like you want it off.

Is there a little green (maybe some other color) box with an I in it in the upper right corner?

Click on it and change it to No Interval Link.

This will freeze the interval of the chart.

Comment

Thanks dloomis have been away and will now give it a try - thanks for your help

Comment

Hi Kingo,

In addition to what David had posted, I thought you may like to read through the following article from our Knowledge Base. This is definitely a good place to start in regards to changing and locking the symbol and intervals for different window types. Hope this helps.

Comment

New User

I have seen the new user page and while I'm sure it is helpful for something it really doesn't solve the problem in the post above yours nor does it solve my similar problem. I want to display 4 charts on a page on one of my monitors, all different symbols, Dow Industrials, Naz comp, S&P500, and Semiconductor Index, all 15min advanced charts, candlestick. But I only seem to be able to load 4 charts of the same symbol, when i select one chart and change it they all change.
          You help pages and archive talk a lot about pages and layout but don't address the very basic simple idea of how to set a page up.
          Thanx
          Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

dhunniford
            That happens because you have the Symbol link switched on in each chart and all set to the same color.
            In the Title Bar of each chart there are some icons.

The icon with an S is for Symbol and if you click it it will show you a dropwdon menu with 6 colors, Link to All and No Symbol Link. Set it to No Symbol Link in all the charts in your Page/Layout. This way if you change the symbol in any one of the charts that symbol does not get transmitted to all the other charts linked by the same color.
            For a brief illustrated explanation of these icons see this post
            Alex

Comment

Hello Dhunniford,

Thanks for the comments; we try to dedicate as many resources as possible for new users to eSignal. You may want to visit our eSignal Training website where you can perhaps sign up for one of our free online training classes. Those who have gone through the various classes we offer have usually found them quite useful. Click here to view some of the classes currently offered through eSignal University.

In addition to the "live" training classes, we also have a large library of downloadable videos that you can view at your leisure that cover some of the basics of eSignal with very specific subject matter. Clickhere to view some of the videos that we have currently archived.

Finally, you may want to read through the following article from our Knowledge Base that talks about Symbol and Interval linking. We are always looking to improve the amount of resources that we provide new users, but if you have any ideas for improvement, please let us know.

Comment

Thanx guys have now got that sorted, new it would be something simple. Sure I will be back again for more help.
                Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Working...
                X