New lines with version 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lines with version 8?

I downloaded the new version 8 and now I have these horizontal lines on my YM and AB chart that aren't related to price at all. I used to just have the overbought/oversold lines at the top and the bottom. Now I have a few more lines to wonder about. They aren't S1, S2, R1, R2 or any pivot or H, L, or close. They aren't in basic studies and I don't know where else to look.
    Two of the lines seems to be the highest and lowest Ds for the day. Interesting but how do I get rid of them if I don't want them?
    Then there is a horiz. faint black line that re-adjusts every day and I have no idea what it represents.
    There is also a faint, dotted, blue line that re-adjust every day also.
    They str not in my price info box so they are a mystery to me.
    I called tech support but got the answer: "I don't trade so I have no idea what you are talking about". I think I knew more about eSignal than she did.
    She finally gave up and just said ask in the forum, so here I am.
    Anyone?
    Thanks, Bob
    Last edited by BobP; 07-23-2006, 10:50 PM.

Bob
    Select the chart then click Chart Options in the main menu (or right click the chart). If these lines are plotted/drawn by an efs this should be listed in the Remove and the Reload menu items.
    If you do not see the Remove and Reload menu items then post an image of the chart as that may provide some clues as to what these lines could be
    Alex

Comment

Mystery Lines

Alexis,
      No, they don't show up in remove. That's what the gal at eSiganl tried first. I tried to upload a picture but couldn't do it.

It's like someone took the Ds High of the day and the Ds low of the day and calculated the middle point and put a black line there. Then they calculated the middle between that line and the Ds high line and put a red line there. Then did the same thing for the distance half way between the black line and low Ds for the day line and put a red line there.
      I'm sure it's some indicator, I just don't know how to get rid of it.
      Frustrating. Didn't appear in eSignal 7
      Bob
      Last edited by BobP; 07-24-2006, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Bob
        When you right click the chart and select either Remove or Reload what is listed in the menu?
        Have you tried removing all the scripts that are running in that chart?
        Do these lines appear on the default chart ie the chart that opens when you click File-> New-> Advanced Chart?
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X